- Prospective Students
- Why Public Health at Ohio State
- Commitment to Diversity
- How to Apply
- Admissions Staff
- Recruitment Calendar
- Career Services
- Graduate Programs
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Dual/Combined Degrees
- Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Global Health
- Undergraduate Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Combined BSPH/MPH Degree Program
- Global Public Health Minor
- Current Students
- Office of Academic Programs and Student Services
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Student Spotlights
- Student Organizations
- Career Services
- Curriculum Guides
- Graduation Information
- Student News Weeklies
- Graduate Student Newsletter
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter
- Future Student Newsletter
- CPH Directory
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Behavior and Health Promotion
- Health Service Management and Policy
- Health Outcomes, Policy and Evaluation Studies
- Center for Public Health Practice
- Online Learning
- Summer Program
- Prevention Research Center
- About the PRC
- Community Partnerships
- Center of Excellence in Regulatory Tobacco Science
- Study Participants
- Funding Opportunities
- Alumni & Friends
- Alma Matters Newsletters
- Alumni Connect
- Public Health Jobs
- Volunteer Leaders
- Alumni Societies
- Alumni Spotlights
- Giving to the College of Public Health
- Employer Resources
- Alumni Involvement Form
- Graduation Placement Survey
- Public Health Buckeyes Blog
- Public Health Farmers' Market
- Farm to Table Program
- Summer Program
- National Public Health Week
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Community Health
- Faculty Service
- Social Stories
- Excellence in Teaching Award
Office of Career Services
The CPH Career Services staff is dedicated to assisting both graduate and undergraduate students in the College of Public Health with finding internship, practicum and residency opportunities, exploring careers, and planning for the job search.
Individual career appointments are available to all current College of Public Health students for reviewing job search documents including resumes and cover letters, interview preparation and mock interviews, finding a mentor, assessing career interests, salary negotiation, and information on how to work a career fair. Assistance is also available to discuss the MPH Practicum, MHA Administrative Residency, and undergraduate internship processes.
College of Public Health Alumni are also welcome to use our array of online services and resources, and are encouraged to take advantage of the services availble through the Ohoi State University Alumni Association's Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management.
The following policies apply for appointments as well as mock interviews:
- If you cannot keep an appointment, please call the office (614-292-8350) as soon as possible to notify us of your need to cancel or reschedule. If you miss two appointments without prior notification, you will not be able to schedule an advising session for a 3-month period.
- We prefer not to schedule or cancel appointments via e-mail.
Alumni Connect is a resource for students currently in public health degree programs, as well as for prospective CPH students. Check the alumni connect page for a searchable list of alumni, along with their current job titles, employing organization/agency, and research or professional interests. Members range from recent graduates who hold entry-level positions and fellowships to those who have seasoned careers and well developed research agendas. Students are encouraged to contact alumni and begin a dialouge around career development.
If you are an alumnus and would like to contribute your information to this list, please complete this form. Please contact Colleen Herr at email@example.com/ 614-292-0297 or Dawn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org /614-247-4380 with questions or concerns.
Our office hosts a number of career events each semester. These range from resume and interviewing workshops to employer information sessions and career fairs. Specific information with times, dates and locations can be found on the career events page.
Our office has an online job posting system (CPH Careers) powered by NACE Symplicity. The system allows students to explore jobs, practicum, residency and internship opportunities, post their résumés for employers to view, sign up for on-campus interviews, and learn about career events on-campus.
Accuracy is your responsibility. Please keep your profile data on CPH Careers up to date. Each academic term, please at minimum update your career interests and the most current version of your resume.The office reserves the right to deactivate a student's access to CPH Careers. Those who lose account access may request a meeting with a Career Services Coordinator in the Career Services Office to request having their access restored for the following academic term. Students and recent graduates who engage in the following forms of behavior, or other acts deemed to be unprofessional or irresponsible, will have their access to CPH Careers deactivated:
- Applying to postings when one does not meet the minimum qualifications specified by the employer.
- Engaging in unprofessional behavior as an intern (e.g., repeatedly arriving late to the site, abusing company property, not following through on assignments).
- No-showing for an on-site interview.
- Falsifying information on a resume or cover letter.
- Allowing a non-OSU student to use your account to upload a resume and/or apply to positions.
- Accepting an employment/internship/residency/practicum offer, either through verbal or written communication, and declining the offer.
You need to consider all offers seriously before accepting them. Please consult with one of the office’s Career Coordinators if you need assistance evaluating an offer.